Pages

Translate

Archetype, The Button Pusher is Back - with Headgear

Squarepusher, sounding himself and better.

Looks like he may have learned something from Serbia's little-known group Nipple People, who I photographed (right), Tron and Tobin's ISAM. But this is no mere copy, the man is evolving:

Squarepusher on Dark Steering:
"For a while I had apocalyptic nightmares about trails of nuclear missiles in the night sky. So I aimed to recreate that strange combination of exhilaration, terror and sadness both visually and emotionally through this piece. It lead to the idea of a spacecraft leaving earth at vast speed to escape, but oddly the music also made me think of it flying through a library. So I generated the visual aspect such that, as the piece progresses, it seems as if the viewer is ever accelerating through massive corridors of books."

No comments: